Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Finding a Movie Just for You

Alright, so you are at the video store, and you have no idea what to rent. You have already browsed the new releases, and you don't know where to start looking. I am going to give you five easy steps to find a movie just for you. All you have to do is follow these steps right before you are heading out the door to the video store.
  1. Think of a movie you love.
  2. Find out who the director, or favorite actor is.
  3. Go to http://www.imdb.com/ and look up that directors or favorite actors name.
  4. You will have a list of movies that you will most likely like!
  5. Read the plot, if you are interested, chances are you will like the movie.

It sounds very stupid and obvious, but most people don't think about it, they spend an hour or two at the video store for nothing. Obviously it can't always work, but usually the styles will be the same if you keep it in the favorites. Example: My favorite actor is Leonardo Dicaprio, lets say I have seen "Titanic", and I thought it was an awesome movie. So I look up Leonardo Dicaprio, and I see he has done movies like "The Aviator", "The Beach", "Catch Me If You Can", they are all amazing movies. The cool thing is the trick acts as a chain reaction of good movies. "The Aviator" was directed by Martin Scorsese, "The Beach" was directed by Danny Boyle, and "Catch Me If You Can" was directed by Steven Spielberg, all amazing directors. Like I said, it will not always work, every movie is different, but you should give it a try.

Please leave a comment if this movie finding "technique" worked for you. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Ive used this technique and it works for me! I love IMDB.com and I have discovered many great movies that way. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete